Workforce & Career Services
Workforce & Career Services creates hope and prepares people of all ages for more competitive jobs. Our customers want to identify more promising career paths that fit their skills and interests. We serve youth, migrants, seasonal farmworkers, and low-income individuals.
NATIONAL FARMWORKER JOBS
Become self-sufficient during lean times.
In partnership with the National Farmworker Jobs Program (NFJP), Telamon provides services that educate, train, or prepare eligible farmworkers for other jobs. Our trained staff members work one on one with you to develop a plan to meet your needs and help you achieve your goals. The programs can help you identify career paths and assess your skills and interests.
- Career counseling
- Job and classroom training
- Customized training programs
- Remedial education and GED preparation
- English as a Second Language (ESL) classes
- Skill upgrades and occupational credentialing
- Job placement
- Pre-Apprenticeship Programs
You can also turn to Telamon for help finding work through on-the-job training, local market information, and job placements. Bilingual services are available in many of our offices.
The U.S. Department of Labor funds this program.
Begin Your Journey to a Career in Tech Today
Start training for a tech career in Telamon’s Pre-Apprenticeship program. You can earn certification in Microsoft Office Works–in as little a 8 weeks–from one of the industry’s top trade associations, CompTIA.
Successful completion of the Pre-Apprenticeship program will help you move forward to Telamon’s 12-month Registered Apprenticeship Program where you can earn a credential and be placed with a reputable employer for on-the-job training.
Tech careers include:
- Cyber Security
- Tech Support Desk
- IT Project Coordination
How to sign up for NFJP services.
Wondering if you are eligible for NFJP services? You may be if any of these apply to you.
- Are you authorized by the Attorney General to work in the United States, and an eligible farmworker or a dependent of an eligible farmworker?
- Have you, your spouse, or a family member done any of the following in the past 24 months:
- Worked in packing, picking, processing, or grading fruits or vegetables, or worked in an orchard or vineyard?
- Worked at a fish, poultry, cattle, horse, deer, or pig farm?
- Worked on preparing soil, planting, harvesting, transplanting, trimming, or hoeing with plants, orchards, or trees?
- Are you authorized to work in the United States?
- Are you enrolled in Selective Service, if applicable?
If you answered “yes” to some of these questions, you may qualify for our services. There are many related jobs that may qualify as agricultural work.
Contact Telamon and a staff member will personally pre-screen you to find out if you or your family member could qualify for our program.
Interested in NFJP services?
Contact the office in your area or fill out the contact form.
CHANGE YOUR LIFE!
Enroll in one of our Workforce & Career Services programs.
Telamon staff members will provide the required forms, answer all of your questions, and guide you through the documents you need to apply.
Call the office in your area, or use the contact form to get in touch.
The next step is a one-on-one consultation, so we can talk about your interests and our services.
Together, we’ll explore
We’ll see if you are eligible for our services and which program might work for you.
OUR SERVICES ARE FREE TO THOSE WHO QUALIFY.
Offices located in Charleston, Florence, Greenville, Richland and Willamsburg counties also serve children and families in surrounding counties.