Building better lives since 1965.
& FAMILY SUPPORT
Telamon prepares children and their parents for success at school and at home.
Enroll in a comprehensive Head Start program that includes quality early education in and out of the home, parenting education, nutrition education, and family support services.
Head Start programs available in North Carolina:
- Early Head Start (childcare for children 0 to 3 years old; services for pregnant women)
- Early Head Start Home-Based Parenting Education (children 0 to 3 years old)
- Head Start (preschool for children ages 3 to 5 years old)
& CAREER SERVICES
Telamon offers several programs to help people of all ages learn new skills to pursue better jobs.
If you are looking to improve your work-related skills so that you can enjoy the greater financial stability that comes from a better job, we have a program for you.
National Farmworker Jobs Program
Offers services that train or prepare farmworkers for other jobs.
NCWorks Nextgen / WIOA Youth Programs
Build skills at 16 to 24 that lead to success as adults.
Improves education and job skills to transition to better employment.
Exposes children of tobacco farmworkers to enriching summer activities.
& FINANCIAL EMPOWERMENT
Find and keep a home, manage money, and plan for the future.
Education is the most important component of financial success. At Telamon, we offer programs and workshops on a variety of topics, from budgeting and credit to buying a home and surviving financial setbacks.
Do you want to rent or buy a home?
- First-Time Homebuyer Program
- Rental Education & Counseling
- Information on Fair Housing Rights
Do you need guidance on other issues?
- Services for People Experiencing Homelessness
- Credit Counseling
- Personal Financial Coaching
Do you need help paying your mortgage or tackling debt?
- Foreclosure Prevention Programs
- Financial Management & Budget Counseling
- Advanced Loss Mitigation & Foreclosure Prevention
- Debt Reduction & Delinquency Counseling
- Mortgage Payment Assistance
- Reverse Mortgage Counseling
Michael, North Carolina
A Story of Grit… and Determination
Michael, a resident of Bertie County, North Carolina, was no stranger to seasonal employment and the financial limitations of being a farm worker. Having worked in the tobacco fields for 10 years and a hog farm for 5 years, Michael was familiar with the grit and determination that it required to make ends meet.
Michael’s aspirations of becoming a licensed barber and owning a barbershop could not be diminished by his financial struggles. Michael’s primary focus has always been to take care of his family and set a great example for his children. Once learning that his last place of employment on the hog farm was shutting its doors and the employer was retiring, Michael found himself unemployed once again.
State Administrative Office
5560 Munford Road
Raleigh, NC 27612-2621 (map)