Receive high-quality early childhood education at your centers or in your home.
Delaware’s Early Childhood & Family Support program provides services to eligible families with children ages 6 weeks to 5 years in Head Start centers across the state.
Head Start is a comprehensive program that offers quality early education in and out of the home, parenting education, health and social-emotional wellness services (including for women before, during, and after pregnancy), nutrition education, and family support services.
While we guide the very young as they learn and play, we also share our expertise with parents. By actively participating in their children’s early education, parents enhance their development and create strong family bonds.
In Delaware, Telamon offers:
- Early Head Start: Infant and toddler childcare for children up to age 3 and pregnant women
- Early Head Start Home-Based Parenting Education: In-home education program for child and parent or pregnant women
- Head Start: Preschool for children ages 3 to 5
Each child receives a personalized educational program at the Head Start centers based on their specific strengths and needs. Through structured learning activities, play, and group learning experiences, children enter kindergarten with learning and social skills that rival that of their classmates.
Home-Based Services include weekly 90-minute home visits and two play group activities per month for parents and their children. Our home visitors are knowledgeable and experienced professionals who can answer questions about:
- Child development
- Early childhood education
- Principles of child health, safety and nutrition
- Adult learning principles
- Family dynamics